C-FLEX® Braided Tubing is an ultra-flexible, high-purity tubing product developed for use in applications where a thermoplastic tube is desired, but the pressure requirements exceed those allowable by a non-reinforced thermoplastic material.
C-FLEX® Braided Tubing is manufactured with C-FLEX® formula 082, clear, animal derived component free (ADCF) resin and reinforced with polyester braid.
The manufacturing process is carefully controlled from raw material through production. Inspection and lot traceability information is readily accessible as batch numbers are assigned. All packages are identified by external labeling on both the bag and the high-quality, crush-proof box.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics’ manufacturing facility has the ability to create a variety of unique color-coded systems, sizes or coil lengths for your particular application needs.
C-FLEX® Braided Tubing is manufactured from the finest grade of thermoplastic materials and is fully characterized, validated and tested to a variety of specifications including USP Class VI, ISO 10993 and European Pharmacopoeia. For additional compliance data please contact our customer service department.
- Biopharmaceutical grade
- Pressure rating at five times un-braided materials
- Ultra-flexible, improved bend radius over non-reinforced tubing
- Autoclavable and gamma sterilizable
- Temperature range -40°F to 104°F (-40°C to 40°C)
- Cell cultures
- Vessel and tank transfer
- Pump applications
Characterization biopharmaceutical products
- The bio-compatibility of C-FLEX®thermoplastic resin used to manufacture braided C-FLEX® has been tested and complies with the parameters set forth in the following test protocols:
- USP VI (pre & post-gamma)
- Ames Genotoxicity
- European Pharmacopoeia 3.2.9
- Bacterial Endotoxin
- USP Physicochemical for Plastics
- USP Elastomeric CLosures for Injection
- Rabbit Pyrogen
- Bacteriostasis – Fungistasis
- Total Organic Carbon
- Radiation – up to 4Mrad (40 kGy)
- Gas – Ethylene Oxide
NOTE: C-FLEX® Braided tubing will deteriorate with repeated autoclaving. Radiation is the recommended method of sterilization for all C-FLEX® thermoplastic materials.