Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics introduces Bio-Simplex™ Polypropylene Carboys with EZ Top Caps and single-use EZ Top Assemblies for advanced liquid handling and solution storage for many pharma applications. Saint-Gobain offers four popular sizes of carboys: 5 L, 10 L, 20 L and 40 L manufactured from high quality polypropylene, which is resistant to chemicals and heating up to 275°F (135°C), and allows sterilization for use in pharmaceutical and clinical applications.
The carboy’s body includes design features that allow the user to easily hold, lift, fill, and pour while the versatile EZ Top cap technology provides interchangeable and leak-proof top connections.
The Bio-Simplex carboys are available with or without an autoclavable spigot. They also feature easy-to-read certified graduation marks with ± 5% accuracy, large molded marks for clearly identifiable volume and material. The Bio-Simplex system–carboy, cap, and spigot is autoclavable.
The Saint-Gobain Bio-Simplex Carboy Closure System is also offered with the EZ Top Closure Assembly for aseptic fluid transfer, sampling or sealing. The single-use EZ Top solutions are made of two different resins:
- C-Flex® thermoplastic elastomer
- Sani-Tech® high purity platinum-cured silicone
Features and Benefits:
- Slender ergonomic body design requiring less space in the laboratory
- Large top handles for full hand grip
- Bottom handles for secure grip when holding and transporting
- Minimum dead volume for maximum solution recovery
- Wide mouth for easy filling and cleaning
- Volume and material identification marks
- Large, easy to read graduation marks with ± 5% accuracy
- Open/closed version of EZ Top cap with replaceable gasket
- Perfect fit high-purity EZ Top Closure Assembly
- Autoclavable spigot with interchangeable option